EV Charging at Home
So you have found the EV or PHEV that you like and you now need to get an EV charging point installed at home first and foremost. This will provide the right electrical current to your car and allow you to plug in and charge up before setting off on your next journey - our 7 kW charger will charge your car in 3-4 hours, three times faster than a 3 pin plug socket and safer too.
The dealership you buy your EV from may recommend a charge point and an installer, but it is possible to shop around. Not all EV chargers are the same. Our Benu EV charge point is one of the best on the market, even if we do say so ourselves!
All our chargers are made in the Cotswolds and come with a 3 years' guarantee. We are the market leader for quality in EVSE Protocol Controller (EPC) sales so you can rest assured that you are buying the best.
OLEV Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS)
All the Incentive you need
Good news! If you are buying a new electric (plug-in) car or van you are able to apply for a grant towards the cost of installing a home charger, if it meets certain conditions.
Benu EV charging stations have been approved for installation by the Office of Low Emission Vehicles. Under OLEV’s EVHS, domestic customers can access a grant that currently offers 75% (up to £500) towards the cost of purchasing and installing one of our charging stations.
The final cost will depend on the requirements of your installation* and should be quoted by one of our accredited installers. As a guide, a typical domestic installation can cost about £800 - £900. In this scenario you could receive a charging station and have it installed for £300 - £400.
Our charge points available under this grant:
- A tethered version with a fixed 5m cable (available as either a Type 1 (J1772) or a Type 2 plug) - 3kW (16A) or 7kW** (32A)
- A free / socket version which has an integrated industry-standard Type 2 socket (additional charging cable required) - 3kW (16A) or 7kW (32A)
- Future proof - suitable for today's and tomorrow's EVs
Main eligibility criteria:
- Individuals must be the owner/primary user of an eligible electric vehicle from 1 September 2014 onwards.
- Must be a residential property with off street parking.
- Installation must be carried out by an OLEV-approved installer - which we can provide
* Installation assumes that the cable run is under 15m and fixed flush to the wall; no civil or electrical remedial works required
** up to 23 mph, depending on the make and model or your EV. If the installation is 3 phase, a 32 amp, 22 kW charger will deliver up to 68 mph of charging
Benu Renewables Ltd is an OLEV authorised installer: EVHS1567
Why choose a Benu EV charge point?
Safe and reliable homecharge installations:
- The Benu EV is made by specialist manufacturers of OLEV approved charge points - by choosing us you can save up to £500 under the Homecharge Scheme
- Designed, manufactured and tested in the UK
- Installation carried out by certified Benu EV installers
- A mode 3, type 2 socket/cable tethered outlet unit, with an integrated Type A RCBO making installation simpler
- One of the most compact units on the market
- Low maintenance
- Rugged and reliable
- High level of engineering and high quality parts used to ensure reliability
- 3 years product warranty
- Excellent customer service and urgent action taken to rectify any fault or issue with the unit
- Product backed up by a specialist electronic engineering company with over 23 years manufacturing history which has retained ISO 9001 since 1997